Evaluation

Friday 18 March 2011

Construction (Editing)

Editing

The amount of editing that will be involved in the opening scene will be mainly the sound effects and music that will be added to fit the genre of the video and to fit the atmosphere as well so that it is clear to the audience of the type of genre that the film is.
Also considering editing in the title and the credits to the opening scene. I have decided to add the credits before the scene starts then followed by the title because I think it works better with scene, then having the opening credits running through the scene. After watching some examples of horror that use this technique like Halloween I thought that it would be most effective as the scene is based in the dark.

Throughout the scene I will try to use less editing to the video as I want it to come across as if it is actually happening and I think if I edit to much it won’t give off that same of effect that will come across to the audience that it is happening to the characters, but still trying to use different camera techniques in trying to keep the camera steady at some parts of the opening scene.



Titles

Considering the title of my film it has to be relevant to what the film is about and what type of film it is. So I thought that the title of the film could be THE CAMPOUT or something like that because it is an obvious way of giving the audience some idea as to what the film is about as the film is going to be based around a camping trip.

 So considering what I going to call the film I have to try and decide what the style of the lettering will be here are some examples of horror movie titles to give me an idea as to what I want my title to look like.

Here are some examples of horror film titles that are all different and have different styles according to what type of horror it is and what suits the story.




Here are some possible ways in which I can do my film title.


I chose these different fonts because I thought it would suit the type of video I am doing and I thought will the right colour schemes they could be quite effective.

This is the font I particularly like out of the ones that I looked at, so I have added a few colours to possibly see how I could do it, but I think once I have created my film then start editing I will have a better picture on how I want to do it and what will suit the outcome.
For he opening credits my idea is to have the background black and have the title a grey colour but having it light enough so that it is clear to see.
Here are some examples of the colours and styles that I could use.






No comments:

Post a Comment